The steps below outline our process for getting started as a Junior volunteer. It generally takes three to four weeks to complete the process, therefore we encourage applicants to begin the process a month before they plan to start.
- 14-17 years of age*
- Junior Volunteers are expected to commit to a minimum of 60 hours of service. Summer volunteers are to serve the entire summer. Year round Junior Volunteers are to serve once a month and during intersession and holiday breaks.
- Letter of good academic standing from the high school guidance counselor/advisor stating that the student is in good academic standing.
- The letter must include GPA and a copy of the student’s transcript. We are looking for a minimum of a 3.0 GPA. It is at the Volunteer Office’s discretion to accept anyone within a few points lower than a 3.0.
- Two Reference Forms (friends, teachers except family members).
Copy link and send to evaluator's email
- Parental Consent Form signed by a parent or guardian
Volunteer Reference Form
Click below to fill out and submit the Volunteer Reference Form.