Due to the Pandemic and the safety of our teens, our Junior Volunteer Summer program for 2021, will be placed on hold. Please continue to visit our website for any updates on our program. Thank you for your understanding.
The steps below outline our process for getting started as a Junior volunteer. It generally takes three to four weeks to complete the process, therefore we encourage applicants to begin the process a month before they plan to start.
- 14-17 years of age*
- Must commit to volunteering a minimum of 60 hours and plan to stay the entire Summer until school starts again.
- Letter of good academic standing from the high school guidance counselor/advisor stating that the student is in good academic standing.
- The letter must include GPA and a copy of the student’s transcript. We are looking for a minimum of a 3.0 GPA. It is at the Volunteer Office’s discretion to accept anyone within a few points lower than a 3.0.
- Two Reference Forms (friends, teachers except family members).
Download and print from links below
- Parental Consent Form signed by a parent or guardian
*Junior Volunteers must be 14 years of age by June 1 in order to apply
**Junior Volunteer Applications will be available at the beginning of March and will close the third week of March.