For more information, photos, interview requests, public information act filings, or open records requests, please contact:
Director of Public Affairs
Public Affairs Specialist
University Medical Center of El Paso and El Paso Children’s Hospital provided an update on the patients treated at each hospital as a result of the mass casualty shooting at an El Paso Walmart on Aug. 3.
UMC has received 13 patients related to today’s mass casualty shooting in El Paso. Patients are currently being treated by surgeons and specialists at UMC, joined by physicians and staff from Texas Tech Physicians of El Paso and El Paso Children’s Hospital.
This Week's Headlines:
- Top Golf: Associate Golf Event
- Dr. Mendoza-Ladd Selected For Forward Program, Recognized By El Paso Mayor
This Week's Headlines:
- UMC Recognized for Quality Stroke Care
- Communities of Excellence Recognition
University Medical Center of El Paso (UMC) has received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award.
The City of El Paso, El Paso Independent School District (EPISD) and University Medical Center (UMC) of El Paso were presented with the inaugural Communities of Excellence Pioneer Level Recognition on Monday, June 24, at the 26th Annual Quality Texas Foundation Conference.
This Week's Headlines:
- Quarterly DAISY and STARS Award Winners
- Dennece Knight Retires from UMC Foundation
- UMC Earns Level 4 Maternal Designation
- UTEP Honors UMC With Golden Impact Award
University Medical Center of El Paso is the recipient a Level IV designation for its maternal care, the highest possible rating from the Texas Department of State Health Services. UMC is now one of only three hospitals in Texas with the same level of certification. No other hospital in El Paso is as highly rated.
University Medical Center of El Paso (UMC) is now among the safest hospitals in the nation, according to the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade system. This marks the first time that UMC achieved an “A” grade through the system.
- UMC Unveils New Mission, Vision Statements For El Paso
- CARES Leaders Meet To Focus On Improvement And Mission
- Associates Recognized: Michael Kennedy and Uziel Meza
- UMC Joins Statewide Program To Reduce Maternal Deaths
- Two UMC Women Show Their Resolve In Annual Mighty Mujer
- Welcome Sugey & LeTreshia To UMC's Fiscal & Resp. Care
Ray Davis, one of El Paso’s most experienced health information leaders, joins University Medical Center of El Paso today as its new Chief Information Officer, overseeing all IT and electronic information services and programs.
- For Some, It's Déjà vu; For East El Paso, It's A Celebration
- Ray Davis Joins UMC As Chief Information Officer
- Center for Diagnostic and Advanced Endoscopy Nurses Again Recognized
- New Era Of Care Underway In Northeast Community
- Three Times A DAISY Celebration Takes Place With Nurses Feb. 28
- Save the Date: Ground Breaking March 15
- UMC's Endoscopy Center Scores Another El Paso First
- Coffee With CEO Brings More Opportunities To Focus On Service
- Northeast Emergency Department Groundbreaking Set for March 1
In yet another milestone for University Medical Center of El Paso, an extraordinarily advanced, successful procedure has been accomplished on a patient suffering complications from stomach cancer. The procedure has only been accompolished twice in Texas: Houson and earlier this week at El Paso's UMC.
- Health Start 2019 A Huge Success For Fitness, UMC
- Former El Paso County Judge Ruben Vogt Joins UMC
- El Paso Health's Frank Dominguez To Head Statewide Association
- Raising Future RNs
- More Than 75 Years of UMC Experience Retire With Two Associates
- UMC Associate Garners National Interpreter Certification
- UTEP, UMC Partner To Support Students With Pharmacy Services
- UMC, El Paso Healthcare Community Step Up For Migrant Screening
University Medical Center recently announced that El Paso’s HealthStart 2019 will take place Feb. 2 at UMC West Clinic, Joins us for a 5k run, a 1-mile walk and dozens of health and fitness vendors from throughout El Paso.
The University of Texas at El Paso and the University Medical Center of El Paso today announced a new partnership that will bring new and greater access to pharmacy services for thousands of UTEP students.
- New STARS Get The Spotlight During Celebration, Ceremony
- DAISY Winners Show Care For Patients, Bloom For The Quarter
- Wellness Challenge Winners Take Stage With New Hoodies!
Happy Thankgiving To Our UMC Family!
- UMC Garners National Recognition for Surgical Outcomes
- UMC Unveils Stroke Monitoring Unit, Again Raises Standard
- Annual Costume Contest Entertains, Thrills Oct. 31
University Medical Center of El Paso joins 83 other hospitals across the country recently recognized by the American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (ACS NSQIP®) as having achieved meritorious outcomes for surgical patient care in 2017.
University Medical Center of El Paso’s West Texas Regional Poison Center will be the site of a major medication/pharmaceutical Take Back Day from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 27, at the Poison Center located directly behind UMC.
- October's Breast Cancer Awareness Events A Success
- Customer Service Week An Annual Hallmark of Care
- October Brings Breast Cancer Awareness To UMC
- UMC's Laboratory Sees New Leadership: Roland Perea
- Yesterday A Hotel and Arby's, Tomorrow A UMC Central Clinic
University Medical Center of El Paso offers women throughout El Paso the opportunity to get or register for a mammogram during UMC’s Community Mammothon from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 20, at the UMC West Clinic, on 6600 North Desert Boulevard (take Exit 8).
- New Year, New Opportunities Abound for FY19
- Medical Staff Leadership Sees New Faces
- A Wellness Check-In and Reminder About Continuing the Journey
- Insipration, Young Minds, Healthcare Bloom In Fabes
- Welcome To Two New Leaders On Our UMC Team
- Farewell To Our Friends, Associates As They Retire
- UMC Offers Community Only MedReturn Drop-Box
- El Paso's Only Certified Baby-Friendly Hospital Celebrates Third Year
- Not a 'Goodbye' but a 'See You Later!'
- UMC Clinics Celebrate 'First Year' With Community
- UMC People In The News
- Congratulations Go To UMC's Volunteers!
- New Quality Management Director: Alice Fennell Takes the Reigns
- Summer Picnic To Bring Families, Fun Together
- Coffee With CEO Gives Associates A Glimpse of What's Ahead
- Summer Health: The Ugly Truth About Indoor Tanning--Don't Do It
El Pasoans are invited to attend a special forum about the many risks and myths about breast cancer and many other gynecologic and oncology issues, at the UMC East Clinic, at 1521 Joe Battle, at 10 and 11 a.m. Saturday, June 23.
- 42 Years Later, David Matta Retires From UMC
- Omar Villa Is UMC's New Chief Legal Officer
- New Leaders Take Helm, Managing Clinics and Radiology
Omar Villa joins University Medical Center of El Paso May 21 as the El Paso County Hospital District's Chief Legal Officer.
University Medical Center of El Paso's West Texas Regional Poison Control has partnered with the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) to host a medication take-back event on Saturday, April 28 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 4325 Alberta.
Regional Healthcare Partnership (RHP) 15, which includes El Paso County and Hudspeth County, is having a Stakeholder Forum April 27 at 9 a.m. at the UMC East Clinic, and later that same day, at 2 p.m. at the UMC West Clinic.
A memorial fund has been set up by UMC Foundation for the family of Jonathan Benko.
University Medical Center of El Paso’s Board of Managers this week has elected Henry Gallardo as the new UMC Board of Managers Chair. The Board’s former Chair, Steve DeGroat, was elected Vice Chair by the Board, and Joy Martinez was elected Board Secretary.
- Hall of Fame: UMC's Sandra Gonzalez Is In!
- It's A Clean Sweep For UMC's Infection Control Team
- UMC's Trauma Department Trains Associates To Stop The Bleed
- Comprehensive Stroke Center Ushers In New Era Of Brain Care
- Associates' Questions Open Discussion At Coffee With The CEO
- New STARS Sparkle AT UMC After Recent Ceremony
The El Paso region and University Medical Center of El Paso made history March 9 with the announcement of Comprehensive Stroke Certification from The Joint Commission. Never before has a hospital in El Paso held Comprehensive Stroke Certification.
- Three New DAISY Award Winners Announced
- Two Familiar Faces Prepare To Depart UMC After Decades
- Notes Of Appreciation Echo In Quality, Service to Patients
- UMC Opens New Women & Teen Center
- UMC Welcomes Craig Alpard To Grow Outpatient Services
- It's February: Do you know your risks for Heart Disease?
- Health Start 2018 Starts Year Right
- Flu & Cold Season Still Here For A Few Weeks
- Dr. Carmela Morales Joins UMC Endoscopy
- UMC's Debbie Chasco Takes Reigns At SHEA
- Associates Meet With Jacob, Have Meaningful Discussion
- Two Times a DAISY Picked at Dec. 8 Event
- Eighteen Associates Complete UMC Leadership Program
- They Took The Wellness Challenge, Now They Have Exclusive Hoodies
- A Year To Remember
- Brain Care In El Paso Leaps Forward With New Neurosciences ICU
- New STARS Announced, Along with New Formal Display
- It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Flu Season (sort of)
- Safe Pill Disposal Pouches Enhances Safety, Reduces Risk
In another exclusive-first at University Medical Center of El Paso, doctors this week began treating Barrett’s Esophagus with a new surgical “freezing balloon” procedure involving state-of-the-art surgical equipment and techniques.
- Solemn Remembrance and Celebration
- Verified Again! UMC's Level 1 Trauma Center
- Victories of Cancer Survivors
University Medical Center of El Paso's Scherr-Legate Level 1 Trauma Center has again been verified as a Level 1 Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons (ACS)
- UMC Associate Forums A Hit!
- Your Family's Medical Home Close to Home
- Rewards & Recognition Committee Costume Contest
- Roxanne Weisendanger UMC Interim CNO
- UMC Completes Purchase of Land for Central Clinic
- Jacob Cintron to be Honored
- Painting the Town!
- Three New DAISY Award winners, one former DAISY, recognized
- UMC Nurse Gets Local Spotlight Educating Community
- It's A Splash at UMC!
- We're In Your Neighborhood: Outpatient Clinics
- Paynt It Forward
In response to calls for support and other assistance for victims of Hurricane Harvey, University Medical Center of El Paso is sending a contingent of physicians and nurses to San Antonio.
- UMC Summer Cool Down Set for Sep. 1
- Endoscopy Nurse's Care Garners Patient's Gratitude
- UMC West Clinic Mammography Gets Acceditation
- UMC Announces Website Overhaul; First in 17 Years
- UMC Rolls Out BrainScope System - First in Texas
- DEA Presentation on Opioids/Prescriptions A Success
For the first time since the turn of the century, the University Medical Center of El Paso’s website, at www.UMCelpaso.org, has been revamped and reintroduced to El Paso.
Families in east and west El Paso now have the benefit of one of the most experienced and admired pediatricians in our community with the addition of Mary C. Brower, M.D., to University Medical Center of El Paso’s new large clinics.
- UTEP Announces Jacob Cintron Among Distinguished Alumni
- UMC Welcomes El Paso Leader In Pediatric Care
Top Physician Position Reestablished After Decade. University Medical Center of El Paso has a new “top doctor” on staff.
University Medical Center of El Paso’s efforts to update and increase its strategic initiatives got a big boost today with the hiring of Jon Law as UMC’s new Chief Strategic Officer.
University Medical Center of El Paso’s injury prevention initiatives received a significant boost today with the announcement by the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center that UMC is the recipient of a $32,000 grant for its Buckle Up For Life child safety seat program.
University Medical Center of El Paso announces Cindy Ann Stout as its new Chief Nursing Officer, as she begins her duties at the hospital this week.
Victims of sexual assault in El Paso will be receiving a new level of support through a permanent program beginning today at University Medical Center of El Paso.