Welcome to UMC Maternity Department!
University Medical Center features our region’s first Level IV Maternal Care and baby friendly designated hospital. That means, when it matters most, you’ll be delivering your child at UMC, the highest rated maternal care hospital in our city. Our facilities, services, physicians, nurses, and technologists are second to none with state-of-the-art equipment and technology in our operating rooms. We have 30 all-private rooms in our Women’s Surgical Health Unit for minimally invasive gynecologic surgeries and procedures. UMC is dedicated to women’s health. Our Maternity Department is staffed by world-class physicians, and specially trained registered nurses.
- The most advanced obstetric and gynecologic care in the region
- Fellowship-trained specialists
- Board certified obstetricians, anesthesiologists, and neonatologists on-site 24/7
- Nurse-to-patient ratios that allow for individualized patient care
- A unique Certified Nurse Midwifery program
- VBAC - vaginal birth after a Cesarean section
- Family/Patient-Centered Care which increases family satisfaction and comfort
UMC is affiliated with the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Paul L. Foster School of Medicine, which allows around-the-clock care by physician specialists who are highly-trained and in-house 24/7. A cadre of private practice physicians also practice medicine on the UMC/Texas Tech campus. We are committed to providing the highest level of care to women and newborns and we pride ourselves in following the Family/Patient-Centered Care Model. This care model encourages patient and family involvement in the delivery process, opens lines of communication between healthcare providers and patients and creates learning opportunities, all of which are proven to lead to good outcomes and family satisfaction. Our patients’ healthcare is our number one priority. Our Family/Patient-Centered Care Model allows our healthcare team to create a close relationship with each patient and their family, all of whom are involved in their healthcare treatment decisions.
Sireesha Reddy, MD
For More Information
Schedule a Tour!
View a Virtual Tour!
- Baby-Friendly Designation
- Breastfeeding Support
- Childbirth Preparation Classes
- Infant Security System
- Labor, Delivery & Recovery (LDR)
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialists
- Neonatal Specialists
- Nurse-Family Partnership
- OB Package Rates
- Outpatient Clinics
- Postpartum Follow-Up
- Preventing Prematurity
- Visitation & Privacy