New entry and screening procedures are now in place for all UMC Associates, EPCH Associates, Texas Tech physicians and staff, vendors, visitors, and partners:
**These new procedures are in place to ensure improved safety for our Associates, patients, families and all others arriving at UMC or EPCH.
Entry to UMC's Main Campus for Associates is as follows:
- Main Emergency Department
- Ambulance Entrance
- Entrance by the Infusion Center (easy access to Visitor Garage) and Rear Entrance (near EPCH imaging, toward Annex) is secured. All Physicians please utilize the Main Lobby Entrance. You will need your ID, and can bypass the line to be allowed into the hospital.
- At this time we are implementing a No-Visitor Policy (some exceptions apply) in order to reduce the transmission risk at our facilities
- Everyone entering any El Paso County Hospital District facility: University Medical Center of El Paso, El Paso Children's Hospital, El Paso Health, and UMC/EPCH Foundations, MUST wear a surgical mask at all times. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Exceptions include:
- Laboring and post-partum patients
- Patients with disabilities or impairments or who are elderly
- Patients in the neonatal ICU (NICU) and pediatric units
- Patients requiring surgery or other emergency or trauma-related medical procedures
- Patients requiring end-of-life care
- One caregiver 18 years or older may accompany these patient populations
- Will be screened at entry points: All visitors to include vendors will be screened
- Visitors will be given a colored wrist band that is changed daily
- Visitors will be asked to remove bands upon leaving the hospital
- Visitors will have bags checked before leaving the hospital
- Special considerations will go through Infection Control
- Vendors are considered visitors for screening
All Floors - Everyday 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
ICU Hours - Everyday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.