University Medical Center of El Paso: We care for El Paso.
UMC is the hospital our region trusts for exceptional healthcare services and expertise. We are the only hospital in El Paso to be twice named as one of America's Top 100 Hospitals.
University Medical Center of El Paso is:
- A renowned teaching and research hospital, equipped with some of the most advanced medical equipment and expertise in the region. UMC is always pursuing the highest levels of expertise and resources to remain the standard-bearer of medical care El Paso can depend on.
- The only Level 1 Trauma Center in a 280-mile radius of El Paso -- and our services are verified through the American College of Surgeons.
- Home to our region's only Level 1 Stroke Center and Joint Commission-certified Comprehensive Stroke Center, able to treat and care for the most complex brain injuries. No other hospital in West Texas, the entire State of New Mexico or anywhere in Southern Arizona has this certification.
- Unmatched in the region, the UMC Digestive Health Center has become a referral center for gastroenterologists across West Texas and Southern New Mexico.
- Our region's first Level IV Maternal Care and Officially Certified Baby-Friendly hospital.
Mission: Our Mission is to heal, to serve and to educate.
Vision: Our Vision is to be the first choice for healthcare in the Southwest.
UMC Visitation Policy
- Visiting hours are 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- All UMC lobbies are now open.
- UMC now allows up to four visitors at a time, per patient, with no limits on the number of visitors in a day.
- Children under 14 are not allowed in patient rooms.
Thank you for your patience.
Notice Regarding 2023 Tax Rate: UMC Notice of Tax Rates 2023.pdf