University Medical Center of El Paso: We care for El Paso.
UMC is the hospital our region trusts for exceptional healthcare services and expertise. We are the only hospital in El Paso to be named three times as one of America's Top 100 Hospitals.
University Medical Center of El Paso is:
- A renowned teaching and research hospital, equipped with some of the most advanced medical equipment and expertise in the region. UMC is always pursuing the highest levels of expertise and resources to remain the standard-bearer of medical care El Paso can depend on.
- The only Level 1 Trauma Center in a 280-mile radius of El Paso -- and our services are verified through the American College of Surgeons.
- Home to our region's only Level 1 Stroke Center and Joint Commission-certified Comprehensive Stroke Center, able to treat and care for the most complex brain injuries. No other hospital in West Texas, the entire State of New Mexico or anywhere in Southern Arizona has this certification.
- Unmatched in the region, the UMC Digestive Health Center has become a referral center for gastroenterologists across West Texas and Southern New Mexico.
- Our region's first Level IV Maternal Care and Officially Certified Baby-Friendly hospital and the highest rated maternal care hospital in our city.
Mission: Our Mission is to heal, to serve and to educate.
Vision: Our Vision is to be the first choice for healthcare in the Southwest.
UMC Visitation Policy
Based on recommendations from both the CDC and UMC’s Infection Prevention department the following is in effect:
- Visiting hours are 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- UMC’s main lobby is open, however use of the other waiting areas remains restricted.
- UMC now allows two visitors at a time, per patient, with no limits on the number of visitors in a day.
- Visitation excludes children 17 years of age and younger.
COVID 19 is still present in our community. We will continue to:
- Sanitizing hands upon entering facility
- Temperature taking
- Wearing masks
- Practicing safe/social distancing
Thank you for your patience.
Notice to Proceed -- Certificates of Obligation
Sec. 26.05. TAX RATE. (a) The governing body of each taxing unit shall adopt a tax rate for the current tax year and shall notify the assessor for the taxing unit of the rate adopted. The governing body must adopt a tax rate before the later of September 30 or the 60th day after the date the certified appraisal roll is received by the taxing unit, except that the governing body must adopt a tax rate that exceeds the voter-approval tax rate not later than the 71st day before the next uniform election date prescribed by Section 41.001, Election Code, that occurs in November of that year. The tax rate consists of two components, each of which must be approved separately.