University Medical Center of El Paso: We care for El Paso.
UMC is the hospital our region trusts for exceptional healthcare services and expertise. We are the only hospital in El Paso to be named three times as one of America's Top 100 Hospitals.
University Medical Center of El Paso is:
- A renowned teaching and research hospital, equipped with some of the most advanced medical equipment and expertise in the region. UMC is always pursuing the highest levels of expertise and resources to remain the standard-bearer of medical care El Paso can depend on.
- The only Level 1 Trauma Center in a 280-mile radius of El Paso -- and our services are verified through the American College of Surgeons.
- Home to our region's only Level 1 Stroke Center and Joint Commission-certified Comprehensive Stroke Center, able to treat and care for the most complex brain injuries. No other hospital in West Texas, the entire State of New Mexico or anywhere in Southern Arizona has this certification.
- Unmatched in the region, the UMC Digestive Health Center has become a referral center for gastroenterologists across West Texas and Southern New Mexico.
- Our region's first Level IV Maternal Care and Officially Certified Baby-Friendly hospital and the highest rated maternal care hospital in our city.
Mission: Our Mission is to heal, to serve and to educate.
Vision: Our Vision is to be the first choice for healthcare in the Southwest.
At its meeting on Monday, August 23, 2021, the El Paso County Commissioners, on behalf of the El Paso County Hospital District, adopt the no-new-revenue tax rate for the 2021 tax year. This tax rate will raise more taxes for maintenance and operations than last year's tax rate. The tax rate will effectively be raised by fifty-seven hundredths of a percent (0.57%) and will raise taxes for maintenance and operations on a $100,000 home by approximately $1.20.