UMC encourages visitation, but sometimes, scheduled visiting hours may have to be altered due to the condition of the patient and/or personal requests from the patient and family. Please note that visiting restrictions are for the safety of the mothers and babies on the unit.
- Visiting will be facilitated 24 hours-a-day for a newborn’s father and siblings except during flu season.
- Other adult visitors may visit between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Newborns’ siblings should be accompanied by a member of the newborns’ family at all times.
- Visits by siblings and grandparents should be arranged with the nurse in charge and/or the front desk Associate to ensure the mother receives adequate rest and comfort.
- No visitor under the age of 18 will be allowed into the Mother/Baby unit during flu season.
- The Mother/Baby unit is a secure and closed unit for the safety of our patients. You will be asked to sign-in at the front desk before entering the area and will need to sign out as you leave.
Because of federal confidentiality laws, UMC Associates cannot give out patient names or information without the patient’s authorization. Please be assured that the safety of our patients and visitors is very important to us. We hope you understand the reasons behind any restrictions on visitation at UMC.