The mission of the El Paso County Hospital District, dba University Medical Center of El Paso and University Medical Center Outpatient Clinics is to enhance the health and wellness of the El Paso community, making high-quality, affordable heath care services accessible to all regardless of one’s ability to pay for such services.
An uninsured or underinsured person may be provided charity care based on the Federal Income Poverty Guidelines issued by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services as published annually in the Federal Register.
The El Paso County Hospital District provided approximately $354 million of charity care in FY 2015. As a Hospital District, established by the Constitution of the State of Texas, our commitment is to our C.A.R.E.S. values.
As a part of our continuing commitment to our community, University Medical Center of El Paso may provide financial assistance to individuals in need. The type of financial assistance will depend on your income, the number of persons in your household and where you live.
The Healthcare Options (Indigent Health Care) Program will require the following information, in order to determine if you may qualify.
1. Proof of Income
Individual tax return, W-2 and one of the following documents:
- Wage and earning statement
- Paycheck remittance (last 2)
- Individual tax return
- Unemployment insurance
- Employer statement of applicant’s income on official company letterhead
- Bank Statement
- Other appropriate indicators of yearly, monthly, weekly or hourly income
2. Proof of Residency (TWO types required)
- Mail addressed to patient or patient’s spouse or children
- Driver's license
- Other official identification such as: school enrollment records; property tax receipts; rent receipts; mortgage payment receipts and utility receipts
3. Number of Family Members
- Names of immediate family members living in the household
After turning in the required documentation, we will assist you with completing your application and determining your entitlement for the Healthcare Options (Indigent Health Care) Program.