For more information, photos, interview requests, public information act filings, or open records requests, please contact:
Director of Public Affairs
Public Affairs Specialist
- 42 Years Later, David Matta Retires From UMC
- Omar Villa Is UMC's New Chief Legal Officer
- New Leaders Take Helm, Managing Clinics and Radiology
Omar Villa joins University Medical Center of El Paso May 21 as the El Paso County Hospital District's Chief Legal Officer.
University Medical Center of El Paso's West Texas Regional Poison Control has partnered with the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) to host a medication take-back event on Saturday, April 28 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 4325 Alberta.
Regional Healthcare Partnership (RHP) 15, which includes El Paso County and Hudspeth County, is having a Stakeholder Forum April 27 at 9 a.m. at the UMC East Clinic, and later that same day, at 2 p.m. at the UMC West Clinic.
A memorial fund has been set up by UMC Foundation for the family of Jonathan Benko.
University Medical Center of El Paso’s Board of Managers this week has elected Henry Gallardo as the new UMC Board of Managers Chair. The Board’s former Chair, Steve DeGroat, was elected Vice Chair by the Board, and Joy Martinez was elected Board Secretary.
- Hall of Fame: UMC's Sandra Gonzalez Is In!
- It's A Clean Sweep For UMC's Infection Control Team
- UMC's Trauma Department Trains Associates To Stop The Bleed
- Comprehensive Stroke Center Ushers In New Era Of Brain Care
- Associates' Questions Open Discussion At Coffee With The CEO
- New STARS Sparkle AT UMC After Recent Ceremony
The El Paso region and University Medical Center of El Paso made history March 9 with the announcement of Comprehensive Stroke Certification from The Joint Commission. Never before has a hospital in El Paso held Comprehensive Stroke Certification.
- Three New DAISY Award Winners Announced
- Two Familiar Faces Prepare To Depart UMC After Decades
- Notes Of Appreciation Echo In Quality, Service to Patients
- UMC Opens New Women & Teen Center
- UMC Welcomes Craig Alpard To Grow Outpatient Services
- It's February: Do you know your risks for Heart Disease?
- Health Start 2018 Starts Year Right
- Flu & Cold Season Still Here For A Few Weeks
- Dr. Carmela Morales Joins UMC Endoscopy
- UMC's Debbie Chasco Takes Reigns At SHEA
- Associates Meet With Jacob, Have Meaningful Discussion
- Two Times a DAISY Picked at Dec. 8 Event
- Eighteen Associates Complete UMC Leadership Program
- They Took The Wellness Challenge, Now They Have Exclusive Hoodies
- A Year To Remember
- Brain Care In El Paso Leaps Forward With New Neurosciences ICU
- New STARS Announced, Along with New Formal Display
- It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Flu Season (sort of)
- Safe Pill Disposal Pouches Enhances Safety, Reduces Risk
In another exclusive-first at University Medical Center of El Paso, doctors this week began treating Barrett’s Esophagus with a new surgical “freezing balloon” procedure involving state-of-the-art surgical equipment and techniques.
- Solemn Remembrance and Celebration
- Verified Again! UMC's Level 1 Trauma Center
- Victories of Cancer Survivors
University Medical Center of El Paso's Scherr-Legate Level 1 Trauma Center has again been verified as a Level 1 Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons (ACS)
- UMC Associate Forums A Hit!
- Your Family's Medical Home Close to Home
- Rewards & Recognition Committee Costume Contest
- Roxanne Weisendanger UMC Interim CNO
- UMC Completes Purchase of Land for Central Clinic
- Jacob Cintron to be Honored
- Painting the Town!
- Three New DAISY Award winners, one former DAISY, recognized
- UMC Nurse Gets Local Spotlight Educating Community
- It's A Splash at UMC!
- We're In Your Neighborhood: Outpatient Clinics
- Paynt It Forward
In response to calls for support and other assistance for victims of Hurricane Harvey, University Medical Center of El Paso is sending a contingent of physicians and nurses to San Antonio.
- UMC Summer Cool Down Set for Sep. 1
- Endoscopy Nurse's Care Garners Patient's Gratitude
- UMC West Clinic Mammography Gets Acceditation
- UMC Announces Website Overhaul; First in 17 Years
- UMC Rolls Out BrainScope System - First in Texas
- DEA Presentation on Opioids/Prescriptions A Success
For the first time since the turn of the century, the University Medical Center of El Paso’s website, at www.UMCelpaso.org, has been revamped and reintroduced to El Paso.
Families in east and west El Paso now have the benefit of one of the most experienced and admired pediatricians in our community with the addition of Mary C. Brower, M.D., to University Medical Center of El Paso’s new large clinics.
- UTEP Announces Jacob Cintron Among Distinguished Alumni
- UMC Welcomes El Paso Leader In Pediatric Care
Top Physician Position Reestablished After Decade. University Medical Center of El Paso has a new “top doctor” on staff.
University Medical Center of El Paso’s efforts to update and increase its strategic initiatives got a big boost today with the hiring of Jon Law as UMC’s new Chief Strategic Officer.
University Medical Center of El Paso’s injury prevention initiatives received a significant boost today with the announcement by the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center that UMC is the recipient of a $32,000 grant for its Buckle Up For Life child safety seat program.
University Medical Center of El Paso announces Cindy Ann Stout as its new Chief Nursing Officer, as she begins her duties at the hospital this week.
Victims of sexual assault in El Paso will be receiving a new level of support through a permanent program beginning today at University Medical Center of El Paso.