Without question, this is going to be one of the happiest times of your life. University Medical Center of El Paso is proud to be a part of this special event and wants to help ensure that it is also one of the healthiest times of your life. We'd like to make your stay as comfortable as possible and provide the quality healthcare that you and your baby deserve.
At UMC, our brand new, state-of-the-art hospital just for women and babies offers you all the luxuries you’d expect from a 5-star hotel. Our beautifully decorated, Labor, Delivery, and Recovery rooms provide you and your family with privacy, comfort, and convenience. We also provide what’s known as Mother-Baby Couplet Care. Mother and baby are cared for together by one nurse in the mother's room from the time of the child’s birth, through the family’s transition to the Mother-Baby Unit and then discharge. This family/patient centered model of care promotes immediate bonding, educational opportunities, and family satisfaction.
- High-risk labor rooms
- State-of-the-art operating suites and infant security system
- All-private rooms/baths
- Bassinet for baby to stay in the mother's room after delivery
- Comfortable sleeper/recliner for “coach”
- Cozy rocking chairs for mom
- Satellite TV and wireless internet
- Bilingual staff (English and Spanish)
- Immediate access to El Paso Children’s Hospital (located just upstairs) should your baby require specialty care
Although it's nice to stay in a comfortable and welcoming environment, our most important features are the ones you may never use or see. UMC is equipped and staffed to provide quality emergency care, whenever a need arises. As a Regional Referral Center for high-risk pregnancies, our team includes Maternal-fetal medicine specialists (high-risk pregnancy doctors), neonatologists (sick newborn doctors), anesthesiologists (pain control doctors), obstetricians (pregnancy & childbirth doctors), and pediatricians (well baby doctors). These experts are available whenever needed, 24-hours-a-day, every day. Specialists that are available at UMC round-the-clock are:
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialists
- Neonatal Specialists
- IBCLC Lactation Consultants