UPDATE: UMC, EPCH GIVE STATUS OF PATIENTSAugust 15, 2019
EL PASO, Texas – University Medical Center of El Paso and El Paso Children’s Hospital today provided an update on the patients treated at each hospital as a result of the mass casualty shooting at an El Paso Walmart on Aug. 3.
As of today, five patients remain hospitalized at UMC.
The following is an update regarding all 15 patients brought to University Medical Center of El Paso as a result of the mass casualty shooting:
- 1 adult patient remains in critical condition and is receiving treatment in University Medical Center’s Intensive Care Unit
- 4 adult patients are in stable but serious condition at University Medical Center
- 7 adult patients have been discharged from University Medical Center
- 2 children were transferred from University Medical Center to El Paso Children’s Hospital on Aug. 3 with non-life threatening injuries and discharged by El Paso Children’s Hospital Aug. 4
- 1 adult patient was pronounced dead shortly after arrival at University Medical Center on Aug. 3
Another update will be provided when there is a significant change in status of these patients.