El Pasoans Invited To Public Forum On CancerJune 21, 2018
EL PASO, Texas – El Pasoans are invited to attend a special forum about the many risks and myths about breast cancer and many other gynecologic and oncology issues, at the UMC East Clinic, at 1521 Joe Battle, at 10 and 11 a.m. Saturday, June 23.
The forum, titled: "Your Family History & Risk of Cancer," will focus on breaking myths while giving attendees answers to questions they may have about cancer.
· Is it true eating meat is associated with cancer?
· Do all cancers need to be treated with chemotherapy?
· Does all cancer lead to death?
· If you have no family history of cancer, are you free from risk?
· What about these "at home" or "direct to consumer" genetic testing kits?
· What are common inherited cancers? Colon, Breast, Ovary? Are they curable?
Speakers: Karinn Chambers, M.D., Assistant Professor, Texas Tech
Vajaya Galic, M.D., Assistant Professor, Texas Tech